I’ve been reading up on drone technology recently and it’s pretty obvious that we’ll see the first Terminator in our life time – perhaps not in human form as he’ll be steadier and faster on 4 legs than 2, perhaps with wheels too or who knows what. Many would say the current unmanned drones are [...]
Today I found I couldn’t read the news about Fairfax’s paywall because of News’s paywall.
Two shops closing in Potts Point this week. “It’s not goodbye Potts Point, it’s hello online” . Blueprint gift shop is closing and going online only at Gifts: And Video Ezy, the DVD hire shop: Still at least that makes room for 2 more coffee shops – as detailed by Modern Toss:
When I was a lot younger I saw Jesus Jones play live supported by Blur (?). I always wondered what happened to bands when their 15 minutes was over, Spotify has revealed that they carry on making albums but but you just don’t hear about them anymore. It seems Jesus Jones don’t have the backing [...]
My AK47 elephant from Cambodia has continued his travels and is now on public display as The Brunei Gallery at The School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) in London. Go and see him if you’re in the area. Baby Elephant by Ou Vanndy Made as part of the Peace Art Project Cambodia, 2006 in Phnom [...]
I am in London this week and have just been locked out of the SMH website by the new Fairfax paywall until I pay $1 for my first month and $15 per month afterwards. Here are the screenshots.
Australia needs to incentivise start ups to stay by competing with schemes available in other countries
Everyone in digital has a side project – the measure of how long you stay in your day job is when that side project reaches the point that it can become your day job. These side projects are often the way great companies are born. In the world of digital media and advertising a huge [...]
I am pleased to be flying Singapore Airlines back from London but I’m not too pleased about this email they just sent me. Not a great promotion.
I wrote a piece for Mumbrella this week – The nine things the experts will say this morning about the future of digital advertising. This was written the day before the AIMIA / IAB Ninth Future of Digital Advertising conference – a very interesting morning with some great speakers. I got eight out of nine [...]
As your Christmas (or any other) holiday approaches, unsubscribe to EVERY SINGLE commercial email and newsletter that you receive.
- Counting down to the Terminator
- The irony of paywalls: News paywall blocks news about rival’s paywall
- Digital disrupts Potts Point
- Jesus Jones and successful sales – create scarcity
- AK47 Baby elephant – now at SOAS in London
- SMH paywall – Fairfax locks out foreign users – screenshots
- Australia needs to incentivise start ups to stay by competing with schemes available in other countries
- Singapore Airlines hotel promotion
- Looking so young in Mumbrella – Future of digital advertising
- Unsubscribe to ALL emails – holiday sanity pt 2
- Now is the week to peak – holiday sanity pt 1
- Internship or slave labour?
- eChristmas Cards = spam
- Singapore Airlines – should be winning awards for worst website
- AWS opens full services in Australia: will your host survive?
- iiNet broadband – how slow can you go?
- Fake profiles on Facebook – companies deliberately invading users privacy?
- Fake online reviews – SMH reports on cash for comment
- Facebook ads unwittingly link depression to alcohol and betting clients
- Seriously? Did you see a gap in the market?
- Happy Christmas? 99 days of online trading to go
- Condescending Corporate Brand Facebook Page – too close for comfort for some marketers?
- A bit more like The Guardian and a bit less like The SMH
- Facebook credibility on the line – 83m fake profiles and nothing happens when you report them
- Google Panda to assess grammar when deciding upon Page Rank
- MoreDigital.com – buying links for or spoofing Virgin Atlantic?
- Hosting in Australia to get much cheaper – Amazon Web Services launch in Sydney
- Australian broadband – no speed up in 2011
- How fast are websites around the world? Australia beats Mexico & Morocco!