Or “How not to run a piss-up in a brewery by Sydney Airport.” Many Sydney Airport users will be familiar with the cab queue which frequently makes returning to Sydney much less of a happy occasion than it should be. No doubt you’re also familiar with the guys in orange jackets who seem to be […]
A great piece of software from Plusgrade that Virgin Australia are using: if you’ve bought an economy ticket then you can bid for a business class upgrade. I’ve heard of this on Emirates but never seen it in action. Whilst I sincerely appreciate the benefits of a flat bed when flying long haul, how much […]
Car sharing is really catching on in the eastern suburbs of Sydney – GoGet have been taking over more and more spaces over the past couple of years and now Hertz ‘On Demand’ have arrived in force. Clearly car sharing is hitting the traditional car hire companies – it must be, why go to one […]
Lucas is served a Dettol ad on Time Out as he is actually holding a bottle of Dettol. Clearly targeting digital ads according to data about a user works.
I am on the advisor panel of Sydney’s Festival of branded content & entertainment. The Festival of Branded Content and Entertainment celebrates “branded entertainment and brand funded content in all its creative breadth and ingenuity. The ambition is to recognise the importance of branded content and entertainment in connecting brands directly with customers.” dianomi promote branded content by […]
Many digital businesses are using remarketing to great effect – users who visit your site and leave without purchasing can be cookied and shown your ads on other sites for a period of your choosing. The logic being that they’ve already shown intent to purchase through visiting in the first place. Remarketing can provide […]
My friend Rob has a small business which involves treating people for various ailments. We had supper at Chiswick the other day and he explained his new marketing success on the back of the menu. Rob’s experienced all the challenges a small business usually faces – intense competition, small marketing budget, revamping a website, cost […]
Rarely does any new business receive a boost like the one Fairfax is giving the newly launched Guardian today. The Sydney Morning Herald and The Age have the same readership, tone, political leanings and metro target as The Guardian but are today going behind a paywall whereas The Guardian will remain free. (SMH locked out […]
Contextual advertising at it’s best … because Patrick Bateman would totally shop at David Jones.
“If you want good branded content, get the editorial staff to write it” - Jackie Maxted said in Mumbrella last week. I agree but I can’t think who else could be left to write it if you wanted anyone to read it. Editorial staff must get used to writing good branded content I’d go one further […]
- Why there were no cabs at Sydney Airport [again] tonight
- Virgin Australia – why bid for an upgrade to business class?
- On demand and car sharing begin to take over the streets
- How well does the targeting of digital ads work?
- Festival of branded content and entertainment – on the advisory panel
- The magic of remarketing – turn your colleagues computer into porn-land for months
- Sales 101 – How much will you save?
- It’s “The Guardian Day” as SMH erects pay walls
- David Jones meets Patrick Bateman
- Sponsored content, native advertising and advertorial – examples of professional and pointless
- Who is the new Doctor Who?
- Don’t be put off
- American Psycho – The Musical & Kickstarter – selling scarcity perfectly
- Airbnb is also illegal in Sydney*
- Will you please stop printing out guns on the office printer – work items only
- The FT withdrew their iOS apps in 2011 – why haven’t you?
- Counting down to the Terminator
- The irony of paywalls: News paywall blocks news about rival’s paywall
- Digital disrupts Potts Point
- Jesus Jones and successful sales – create scarcity
- AK47 Baby elephant – now at SOAS in London
- SMH paywall – Fairfax locks out foreign users – screenshots
- Australia needs to incentivise start ups to stay by competing with schemes available in other countries
- Singapore Airlines hotel promotion
- Looking so young in Mumbrella – Future of digital advertising
- Unsubscribe to ALL emails – holiday sanity pt 2
- Now is the week to peak – holiday sanity pt 1
- Internship or slave labour?
- eChristmas Cards = spam
- Singapore Airlines – should be winning awards for worst website